WHAT IS AN ELECTROLYTE AND WHY DO YOU NEED THEM?
You may have heard about Electrolytes, but what is an electrolyte and why do you NEED them? Electrolytes are minerals or micro minerals in your blood and other body fluids that hold an electric charge. Electrolytes are the charges within your cells that your bodies heart, nerves and muscles use to carry impulses from one cell to another (think communication). Without being properly charged (with electricity), these cells and organs would not have the energy to function Electrolytes also affect the amount of water that your body holds and stores. Therefore, you may know of electrolytes as hydrating minerals or those fancy things that our body craves when it’s dehydrated. They are the 6 most essential minerals that have the very important task of balancing the body and holding it at a level of homeostasis required for healthy cellular communication.
THESE ESSENTIAL MINERALS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Balancing the bloods PH level (Keeps our bodies balanced)
- Facilitating waste excretion from the cells (Helps our cells keep the good stuff & get rid of the bad)
- Maintaining fluid balance (If this balance is off, you may experience bloating and excess fluid retention… think swollen fingers and toes. Like everything, too much is never good, this is where balance is important)
- Promoting proper functioning of nerve, muscle, heart and brain cells
- Transporting nutrients and impulses into the cells (Think of this as a delivery driver filling orders from one place and dropping them off at another)
Most importantly, our bodies can’t create electrolytes on their own; they are obtained and absorbed through the foods we eat and the beverages we choose to enjoy. Electrolytes are needed because they help regulate how much water moves into and out of your body through osmosis. Your kidneys filter through urine and remove excess salt and waste products out of it. But when you drink too much water or sweat a lot, it can make it harder for your kidneys to do their job since they must work harder to flush everything else out of your system. That’s where electrolytes come in! They help prevent dehydration by helping restore normal water levels.
Now what if I told you that by drinking a single cup of Danger Coffee, you would be fueling your body with the electrolytes, minerals and antioxidants needed to carry out these healthy bodily functions; giving your body what it craves and deserves. These electrolytes are just enough to provide proper hydration, while providing sustainable all-day energy without the crash, jitters or brain fog of a regular coffee. Because at the end of the day, your coffee should do more for you!